Saturday, July 24, 2010

Adult acne?

i was wondering what is a good product to get rid of adult acne? well im 21 years old and still have a few pimples of my face, they arent bad but they still make me fell uncomfortable. at the moment im using neutrogena mask and cleanser in one and the blackhead cleanser.............help????Adult acne?
Dr Murads Acne Complex


http://acne-treatment-4-all.blogspot.com鈥?/a>Adult acne?
Hi! I have adult acne too, so I can appreciate how you feel. I never had it as a teenager, but in my 20s started getting spots mostly around my mouth and chin (typical adult acne locations). I tried the 'teenage' skincare products which didn't help (they are too strong for adult skin, and are designed for teenage, hormonal acne - though at 21 you are still young), tried clinique 3-step, which made it a little worse, and finally saw a dermatologist. I thought that would be the answer to my problems, but the creams she gave me were really strong and my face literally hurt. It peeled, turned red, and I started getting wrinkles! My face has never been the same since, even though I stopped using the creams (Duac and Differin) after a couple of months. They really aged my skin, and I now have visible pores.





Since then I've been researching it on the internet and it seems the best products to use are a gentle salicylic acid wash, and then 2.5% benzoyl peroxide on the affected areas - both available cheaply in drugstores. All skin benefits from moisturizer, use an oil-free one, I love Aveeno Ultra Calming with SPF 15. For night time I like Oil of Olay Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish. See the website http://www.acne.org for some great tips and bulletin chat boards to see what other people advise, another good one is http://www.healthboards.com/boards/forum鈥?/a> Make sure anything you use is labelled ';non-comedogenic'; - ie doesn't clog pores - and oil-free (I know, ';Oil'; of Olay right? They do make oil-free stuff too!).





You need to be really gentle with your skin, only washing it twice a day, gently, and don't touch your face during the day. Some people find a deep cleansing face mask is good once or twice a week. Try a clay one with kaolin to draw out dirt and impurities. Also I like St Ives Gentle Hydroxy Peel. Make sure you drink lots of water and take a multi-vitamin every day. Stress is a major cause of acne, so try to minimise this (easier said than done I know!) Also if you are on hormonal birth control this can cause acne - there are contraceptive pills that can help with acne too. Personally I find oranges/orange juice makes me break out... but that might just be me! Also if you wear make-up - make sure its oil-free, and keep your make-up brushes clean - buy new ones and wash them in shampoo at least once every couple of weeks. (This made a big difference for me in the amount of break-outs I got). Try using mineral make-up (I like http://www.everydayminerals.com), much healthier for skin.





If you want to try a kit which is cheaper, and works just as well, as pro-active, I really like Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Acne kit (contains a salicylic acid wash, benzoyl peroxide to use at night, and sunscreen to use during the day), or L'Oreal Adult Acne system, also L'Oreal do an Adult Acne Peel to help with past acne marks, to use twice a week.





Take care of your skin now before it gets worse and you get scars. Oh, and try not to pop a spot, no matter how tempting, it leaves a mark that takes forever to fade.. or may cause a permanent scar.





And remember you are your own worst critic - next time you scrutinise your spots up close in the mirror, remember most other people don't see you so close. Stand a reasonable distance away from the mirror and that's what people see - not so bad now is it?! Oh and mineral make-up really helps, most people find their skin is much better after wearing it, much healthier than thick foundation. And trust me, it really covers those spots!





Good Luck!
Clearasil makes an adult formula that I like for occasional blemishes. Other than that - plain old Neutrogena bar soap is great. I'm 51, and I REGULARLY get mistaken for somebody in my early 30s (still amazes me, but it happens a lot - so I must be doing SOMETHING right).
wash daily with hot water and vinegar, it will clear it up and then do it every so often to keep it clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment