Thursday, July 22, 2010

Do alpha hydroxy acids help moderate adult acne?

I have moderate acne. At one time I have between 2-8 zits (the large under the skin kind) and many black heads. I am an 18 year old female and have been suffering with acne since I was ten: I've done proactive, antibiotics, retina, and even accutane. Ive heard that lotions with alpha hydroxy acids may help combat my type of acne.


PS: I drink lots of water, watch my diet for sweets, eliminated milk and eat many organic foods


can anyone tell me how alpha hydroxy acids worked for them. ive heard walgreens brand is great.


Thank you!Do alpha hydroxy acids help moderate adult acne?
I haven't personally tried AHAs but it's worth a try. Success with acne treatments is personal, you really never know what will work and what will not. Trial and error is the only way to go, which is frustrating.





Sorry that Accutane did not work for you, it worked for me when I had moderately severe acne. However, a few years later my acne reappeared (moderate) after I stopped taking the pill.





I'm wondering if your breakouts are hormonal? Have you tried some of the birth control pills for acne or Spironolactone?





Just some thoughts. Good luck!Do alpha hydroxy acids help moderate adult acne?
It works for me when I combine it with salicylic acid face wash and astringent, I'm a fan on Neutragena products, I have the Walgreen's brand and it's a little thick, I don't like leaving it on my skin so I'll put it on for a little bit and then wash it off.
  • color cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment