Thursday, July 22, 2010

What is the best solution to adult acne?

I am 31 and I have tried everything out there, including:





ProActiv; made my face dry and itchy and bleached my towels and sheets. No beneficial effects.





Most otc products including Neutrogena, Clearasil, Oil of Olay, Clean %26amp; Clear, Acne Cure, and more. No effect.





Antibiotics; worthless.





Accutane; after a grueling 7 month treatment my face was clear for about a year, then it started coming back.





Birthcontrol pills; including Diane 35. Made my migraines unbearable and didn't help my acne.





Any other suggestions??? I am desperate.What is the best solution to adult acne?
Well,I do have terrible acne and I found that my skin type is sensitive skin and it makes me harder to find the right products that I could use to reduce my acne.That is when I tried Clinique 3 Steps Skincare Regime and it really works for my acne and now I have less breakouts after 3 months usage and I only need to work on my scars from my previous acne to improve my skin complexion.Since Clinique 3 Steps works for all skin types,I would recommend you to try this product since it has the basics of skincare regime and work wonders on your skin.However,you could also try these homemade remedies if you want to improve your chance of healing.Good luck trying these at home(:





Honey Paste-Another easy and effective homemade acne treatment is to make a paste of honey with cinnamon and nutmeg. All you need is about one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and about half of it nutmeg powder. Add some honey to make enough paste to cover the inflammed area completely. Just lie down as honey may dribble down. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes and wash with luke warm water.





Orange peel-Homemade Acne Treatment using Orange peel has been found very effective. Pound the orange peel with water on a piece of stone and apply to acne affected areas.





Basil tea-Basil tea like neem is effective in killing bacteria. Drinking it twice a day can do wonders to the skin.





Coconut Oil-Coconut oil is a cheap and easily available acne solution. Regular use of coconut oil over a period of time helps to clear your skin.





Lemon Juice-A simple remedy at home for acne: Apply lemon juice regularly to reduce pimples and acne. This has proven beneficial results.





Well,these are the remedies that work gentle on your skin while getting rid of acne.Hope this helps and great skin wishes.





P/s:Seeking consult from a dermatologist is a good idea too if you want to consult on products that suits your skin type.I would suggest you to stop from taking Accutane though since it will make things worse.Hope I helped(:What is the best solution to adult acne?
If you have oily skin, more than likely, you are always going to SOME pimples. You can reduce the amount first, by treating your acne from the inside out. Drink lots of water. An old trick is drink one full glass of room temperature water when you first wake up in the morning. Water cleans from the inside out. I have found that to be the most effective and most natural way to get rid of acne.





The second thing you should do, is stay far, I do mean far away from any product that contains any acid in it. Neutrogena and Clearasil, etc. all of those product have acid in them. Acid does nothing but take the top layer of your skin off. You need your PH in your skin to be level, while the water is working on cleaning and leveling the PH internally.





I would highly recommend using an organic bar of soap. My sister and I have been using an organic soap from Phoenician Beauty, and it has really helped! Any organic soap should do the trick.





Just remember, Acne has to be treated both from the inside, and the outside.
considering your past reactions I would go to a dermatologist. Good luck
I am an adult with Acne also. I have suffered with it since my teenage years. I have also tried everything, I am too scared to try Accutane (bc of all the stories you hear). I recently started using ProActiv again and it works for me. I use the Daily Face Wash, it comes separately than the 3 step system. I also use the 3 step system with this. I still do have my Differin gel, as I found this helped the most before using ProActiv again.





What I do is wash my face every morning and every night. I am at work in between so I wont be washing my face there. When rinsing your face, use cool water. Warm water opens the pores, cool water closes them again. (My dermatologist mentioned this to me). During the day, I use oil blotting sheets to control the oil. I also do not pick at my face, I used to do this alot in my younger years. I make sure and clean my office phone everyday, so that when its sitting on my face, the dirt from my phone is not getting on my skin.





I know my answer may have not helped, but this system works for me. I know exactly what your going thorugh though, you just have to find that one system that will work for you.





GL
The problem with adult acne treatments, like the ones you described is none of them deal with the real problems that cause acne. Derms today repeat so much bad information back and forth with each other that they've all come to accept it as truth. For example, derms will flat out deny any connection between diet and acne and say there have been plenty of studies done to back that up.





The simple fact is there has never, ever been a conclusive study about diet and adult acne treatments in the US. However, there have been multiple studies on outside cultures such as the Ache, Kitavans and Inuits, none of which ever had any recorded acne breakouts and they ate only natural foods; stuff they grew or caught themselves. Further more, the Inuits were studied as they switched from their natural diet to a more typical western one that we typically eat. They almost immediately begin having breakouts.





The fact of the matter is that adult acne treatments have to treat the real problems inside of you. All of the processed junk in our diets as well as things like dairy and white sugar lead to hormonal imbalances. These imbalances are what cause our oil glands to over produce sebum and cause our skin cells to die faster than normal. Eliminate these problems and you'll never have to worry about a breakout again.





The best, quickest and easiest way to get started is avoid all dairy, keep down any consumption of sugar and white carbs and drink a lot of water each day. Your skin will start to look pretty amazing all by itself
You should give tea tree oil a shot. I had mild acne for a while and even tho I washed my face every night I still had acne. So I use tea tree oil and within a week my acne was pretty much gone except for a few spots here and there, which will fade soon too. And this helps with acne scars


Tea tree oil can be used for any skin type even if you have very sensitive skin. And in that case I would dilute the oil with either water or aloe vera gel, which you can get at any drug store.


There are only two downsides to tea tree oil and that is is that the smell is pretty strong, and it can dry out your face a little, which can be taken care of by using a moisturizer.


The oil can be found in any drugstore/grocery store/health store next to the finger nail polish remover.


I would recommend putting it on at night before you go to sleep.


If you have any more questions there are many websites about this product, or feel free to ask me.





Just some more info on it you don鈥檛 have to read this part if you don鈥檛 want


Tea tree oil is so good for your skin because it has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties and stimulates the immune system.

No comments:

Post a Comment