Thursday, July 22, 2010

If my family doesn't have a history of adult acne...why do I STILL have it at age 18??? ?

I have had acne since junior high -- I have tried pretty much everything to get rid of it...


when I didn't pick at it, it would pop on its own and leave scars:(


My boyfriend mentions my acne every time I see him and says he loves me despite it, but I am almost 19 and still have cysts all over etc.


I hardly see anyone at college with acne and although I have applied for twenty work-study jobs(in person), I never got responses...probably because of my looks because I am MUCH more qualified than 99% of the kids here.


My mom said her acne was gone by age 18, and mine is still crazy!!!


And I know I do not have hormonal acne because I don't have breakouts -- I AM ALWAYS BROKEN OUT!!!


:(


My dad has never been in my life, but my mom said he didn't have acne as an adult.


I feel so ugly and waste hours in the mirror per week merely looking at my blemishes and wondering what other acne treatment I will blow my money on...


I'm thinking i'll try Zeno.


Anyways...anyone have any ideas why I still have acne?


I had a very stressful childhood and am still stressed because I have to pay for college and still can't find a job and do NOT want to move back in with my mom and be yelled at constantly:(


Why is my skin even worse than it was when I was twelve and had acne?


Am I just cursed?


Thanks. If my family doesn't have a history of adult acne...why do I STILL have it at age 18??? ?
It will go away eventually, when they say ';adult'; acne, they mean 21 or older. Some of my older friends still break out from time to time and they are older than that. 18 is still young.





take it easy, the stressing out makes it worse.If my family doesn't have a history of adult acne...why do I STILL have it at age 18??? ?
There are interesting and resourceful articles on this subject at;





http://www.acnetreatmentscamsrevealed.co鈥?/a>





Enjoy!
it'll go away. 18 is still young. 20 or 21 it should be gone.





and stressing about it wont help!
There is no magic where acne is cured. Secondly, stress won't help your acne.





I would recommend going to a dermatologist. Here's what mine put me on (but of course everyone's skin is different):


*birth control (specifically yasmin)


*aldactone--water pill (also tried, Bactrim DS--antibiotic)


*benzoyl peroxide face wash


*retina-A





I know it's not recommend to pop a pimple, but I use the method described by a dermatologist on the Tyra show. Take two q-tips (don't use fingers, since you don't want to contaminate with anymore bacteria), and place ends on either side of pimple. Push towards pimple and in. When you see a little blood all the puss should have been released. Put some antibiotic ointment on top of it.
Have you gone to a dermatologist? Also, stress is one of the main factors for adult acne. You should try to calm down a bit. Evaluate your diet. Do you eat a lot of refined (white bread, white pastas) carbs and sugars? Soda might be your culprit. I have heard that tea tree oil can help clear up acne. Good luck!
I had this same problem and it was miserable. I can only suggest a few things. First and VERY important - don't touch your face (don't hold your head in your hands or touch your skin except when washing) Second. Go to the dermatologist because they have a lot of tricks that help (antibiotics and treatments). Third recognize that hormones are responsible for a lot of this and that acne relates to testosterone levels - so that if you have acne it usually means that you have a higher than normal libido (bad side effect of a good thing). Fourth - take multivitamins Fifth Exercise daily (aerobics)
well, i'm not sure 18 counts as ';adult acne';... it may still clear up by the time you reach your twenties... have you seen a dermatolagist? that would be your best bet.. have you tried Proactive? I've heard that works really well....
  • color cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment