Thursday, July 22, 2010

How does a 33 year old get rid of adult acne?

I am a 33 year old female with adult acne. I do not eat poorly, nor do I eat junk food, greasy, drink pop, and eat sugar and artificial things. I eat a very balanced diet. I have had adult acne for ever it seems. I was clear until I reached 22. I am a mom of 2, do not take medicine, do not use harsh creams or moisturizers on my face nor do I wear make up. I was my face mainly with warm water and a soft facecloth. I do not aggrivate this nor do I clog it up with crap one would put on a face.....help....I want a blemish free face.......by the way all the acne solutions agrivate my face...even the mildest ones.How does a 33 year old get rid of adult acne?
there is a site that offers free samples of facial products.. http://www.free-makeup.info





try them out thay might be able to help you...How does a 33 year old get rid of adult acne?
acutain, its a very serious and not often given cure. Its hard core, solves the problem in a few days, but if used more than a year, may cause serious side effects.





I took it at age 27 and it cleared up the acne when no other drug could and I tried them all.
Try some all natural ways. Diet is most important but theres tons of other things you can do like apple cider vinegar.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbsqZKDlH鈥?/a>
they use proactive





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
try clearpores





http://www.squidoo.com/clearpores101
Hi there,





You and I have similar history!





What worked for me---





1. Topical Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed, not the kind that comes in a bottle).


----I will note that I was extremely skeptical, but also desperate. The lemon juice not only helped prevent acne, but it significantly shrunk the existing acne overnight, and it also made my complexion very even and almost glowy. This was after just one night of use. I couldn't believe it! Now, you may think, that because it stings at first that it will irritate your skin---not true. While it does sting for about 10 seconds (it was mild to me)---lemon juice contains a lot of antioxidants and DHA that is actually quite healthy for your skin and fights signs of aging. The DHA will make your skin somewhat sensitive to UV rays, so be sure to use SPF if you're going to be outside for a long period of time. Some people choose to drink straight lemon juice instead, but that would really irritate my stomach, personally. If you look up reviews for lemon juice as a treatment for acne, the overwhelmingly good results will probably amaze you--it made me kind of irritated that doctors and product makers are making a killing on things that don't work, yet lemon juice is less than a dollar a week.





2. Because I don't like to take diuretic prescriptions, (makes my blood pressure too low), I induced a diueretic-like reaction in my body by reducing my salt intake and drinking more water than I normally do. Salts in the blood allows your body to store water and this is how you become bloated and it can also contribute to high blood pressure, so low sodium (salt) intake plus drinking plenty of fluids is like a natural way to prevent bloating, blood pressure, and excess pore secretion.








whew.





A little about how I came to find this out... I had very, very mild acne every now and then up until I turned 20, and my hormones got all screwed up by birth control pills. Like the hormonal changes that go on whilst on birth control, pregnancies can also cause the hormones to go a little whacky, so if the onset of your acne occured around your first or second pregnancy, it could have caused a bit of a hormonal imbalance..it's very common... but..





Regardless, chronic adult acne in women(the tell-tale signs that acne is hormonal-related is that it occurs more frequently around the chin, lower cheeks and jawline); Usually the acne associated with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is cystic acne (just to be used for an example).








With all that said --- first of all, Proactive is crap. A diet rich in sugar causing acne is a myth. Going tanning to rid acne is also a myth. (however a diet too rich in complex carbohydrates can contribute to acne associated with a hormonal imbalance that doctors like to call Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). My dermatologist tried everything on me from Retin-A topical cream, to topical antiobiotics, to topical Benzoyl Peroxide, to systemic antibiotics and back to good old over-the-counter treatments (salysilic acid).





Because none of the above worked, I had three options according to the doctors: either go on Accutane, a very, very potent form of Vitamin A in high doses that you really need to consider before using due to possible side effects, and also an androgen-blocking, potassium-sparing diuertic called Spironolactone. It relieves bloating associated with PMS, can help with migraines, and blocks androgens (the hormones that cause acne). This drug spares potassium (allowing potassium levels to be elevated) so I personally didn't want to take it.


Then of course I was offered more birth control pills. BCPs are what screwed up my hormones in the first place, so I was like, no way! Anyhow, this is not your case, obviously, however, my treatment-resistant cystic acne was significantly improved by the two methods I mentioned above and from other people's reviews on the Internet, it worked for them. (lemon juice.... and lowering your salt intake but that's not really necessary as the lemon juice does a wonderful job too).





Man.....it wasn't fun finding this all out on my own. Took a couple of years. I hope it helps you!
well...adult acne is often because of hormone imbalances...do u take the pill? i would consider trying that out, because this often solves that problem when it involves hormones unless u have too much of what the pill gives u already and not enough of another...get it. also if u started having children at about that age, that is of course going to cause major hormone changes. another reason for acne is because if bacteria getting into ur pores and dirt and grimy stuff, which could be because of ur children, seeing as ur face must have been touched a lot more and u have had less time to take care of u. also stress will cause hormone imbalances, if u went through a stressful time that is the cause. u can get rid of much of the acne with again as i said the pill may work or may make it worse, if it makes it worse u know that it doenst work lol...then ur option is to probably do it the topical way and when u do it this way age desont matter. im 23 and i have acne break outs..i had acne at age 14-15 then stopped and then i hit about 19-20 and then it started up again...now im getting pretty clear on the count of i started the pill...i tried a bunch of different stuff and it still didnt work before that and so i figured it must have been hormonal stuff going on to cause what im getting because i took really great care of my skin and i didnt touch my skin...u know...so if u were u, id go to ur doctor, ask her about the pill and acne related issues and she will tell u that every pill pretty much does the job, so u can get generic. and that it may or may not work depending on the hormones u know...yeah...try taht out see if it works, i saw a major difference after a month....after about 6 months i was pretty much acne free and now i only get a few pimples at most a month if that, right now this month i only got one...i only break out with those couple zits durring my period...keep in mind often what u eat wont effect ur skin's acne issues, even if u eat horribly, its the grease from the hot foods that travels in the air that caused that myth, still no evidence that says otherwise...water wont effect skin much either, that is a myth too in terms of science...also the aggrivation will irritate ur face causing more acne in the end...so u should instead just exfoliate once a week at most with something gentle and wash ur face with regular old soap for hands and face and/or body...i use a natural one for hands and face because i know ur pain, my face is easily irritated...that is all u use to wash my face at the end of the day...and i take my pills..yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment