Thursday, July 22, 2010

Whats the best 'over the counter' remedy for adult acne?

UK only please.


My doc suggests I use steriods in the form of cream and/or tablets but I don't want to take any steriod based product again. Can anybody suggest an over the counter remedy that has worked well on their spots, and foods to avoid. It has been proved that chocolate and cheese don't cause spots, so please don't say that!


P.S. I eat quite healthily and have reduced my alcohol intake to a bare minimum.Whats the best 'over the counter' remedy for adult acne?
Visit www.acne.org...trust me!





The regemin works wonders %26amp; i'm sure you'd be able to find some form of the products needed in the UK!Whats the best 'over the counter' remedy for adult acne?
Hi I'm a medical secretary and type up Dermatology clinics of which alot of the patients suffer with Acne. In most cases they resort to Roaccutane but this is not over the counter, but is the MOST effective treatment. If your acne is persistent, you really should visit your doctor and get a referral to a consultant who will assess you and may prescribe this drug.
u could be milk intolerant.it DOES cause acne. try avoiding it and c. sugar is another culprit.





this works for me- every night i wash my face and liberally dust a prickly heat powder on my face. it kills bacteria and absorbs excess oil.
Resorcinol always worked for me. Usually a 2% solution in alcohol.
I have NEVER heard any doctor suggest the use of steroid creams or tablets for acne, in fact I either would tend to make the condition worse and oral steroids are only prescribed for either short term use in severe life threatening conditions such as COPD or asthma, or occasionally for longer term use in major chronic conditions such as rheumatoid or other auto immune diseases. I really just don't believe what you are saying!





If initial management with over the counter treatments, most of which are simply peroxide cleansers such as Panoxyl, fails, then the next step is actually to go to your GP, (not pretend that you have!) He will prescribe either topical or oral ANTIBIOTICS, which is the standard management.





While we are on the subject of wild medical claims about yourself, who told you you were lactose intolerant? Is this something that you suddenly decided for yourself, had RAST allergy testing from your GP, or did you visit or send samples to some dubious alternative therapist?

No comments:

Post a Comment