Thursday, July 22, 2010

Can anyone help with my adult acne?

I have some acne when I was in high school. Used Proactive and it cleared up. I stopped using Proactive and it came back. Started using Proactive again and no results. Used some other over the counter cleansers and creams with no result. Went to the dermatologist and she put me on minocycline and clindamycin and differin (topical creams) and they didn't work so well. I was told it was hormonal and my only hope was birth control. I've been on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo for a year and kept using the clindamycin and differin and they worked wonders. I want to get off the birth control but I'm afraid that the acne is going to be back. I really need help. My acne days were horrible and they've scarred me for life. ThanksCan anyone help with my adult acne?
get accutaneCan anyone help with my adult acne?
The only thing that kept my acne under control was cetaphil face wash. I also use the face lotion. There aren't any harsh chemicals in it and it doesn't dry out your skin it just keeps it clean.





I have tried everything from proactive, acne free, clean and clear, nutrogena, clearasil, etc and cetaphil is the only thing that never made my face too dry and cleared it up a little only to stop working a few weeks later.





I have been on accutane now for 4 months and the results so far are good, but I am having some pretty bad side effects: thinning hair and lower back pain are the worst. My brother has also used it and his acne cleared up perfectly but he still deals with back pain, blurred vision and thinning hair and has been off of it for a year and a half. So unless your acne is really severe I would stick to just regular face wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment